Warrington vs FC United. 7.45pm Tue 24 Sep 2019

A forum for posting matchday information only, for both home and away games. Opposition supporters are welcome to post - no registration necessary for them.
Nick Duckett

Warrington vs FC United. 7.45pm Tue 24 Sep 2019

Post by Nick Duckett »

19:45 Tue 24 Sep 2019
Details not yet published
Cantilever Park
Ground Address: Loushers Lane, Warrington, WA4 2RS
Ground Capacity: 3,500
Paul Hinson

Re: Warrington vs FC United. 7.45pm Tue 24 Sep 2019

Post by Paul Hinson »

This is the first League meeting between the two clubs.
Two England strikers from the Warrington area are Jesse Lingard of Manchester United and John Richards who scored 144 League goals for Wolverhampton Wanderers between 1969 and 1983.
FCUM’s last away victory in the League was a 3-2 win at Alfreton Town in April 2019, 3 draws and 2 defeats ago.
Live FCUM match updates at: http://liveteamstats.com/
Ben Hughes

Post by Ben Hughes »

NEXT COMMENTARY:

This evening sees FC United travel to Warrington Town in The Northern Premier League.

Here is Statto Paul's Preview

https://audioboom.com/posts/7377785-fc- ... ton-town-a

And if you cannot make it, join us online on http://www.fc-radio.co.uk or on the radio in Manchester on North Manchester 106.6 FM from 7.30pm
Ben Hughes

Post by Ben Hughes »

OUT NOW: This week's This Club is My Club

With reaction to FC United's match with Warrington Town from Saturday.

https://fcumradio.podbean.com/e/this-cl ... mber-2019/
Nick Duckett

Post by Nick Duckett »

Match report
Striker Jordon Buckley scored the winner on his debut to ensure FC United picked up their first away league win of the season with a well deserved 1-0 victory at Warrington Town.

Manager Neil Reynolds rang the changes from Saturday’s FA Cup defeat, with Buckley and Alex Babos both making their debuts for the Reds.

The home side broke the FC offside trap twice early in the game but Paddy Wharton was equal to one-on-ones from Scott Sephton and Ben Garrett.

FC had their own chances, a superb cross from Adam Dodd was headed over by Buckley. On 21 minutes, a fast break saw Alex Curran release Tunde Owolabi with a magnificent ball, Owolabi rounded Tony McMillan and put then fired the ball into the side netting when he probably should have scored.

FC took the lead on 65 minutes when a corner was headed home by Buckley to open his account for the club.

By this point, the game was open, FC looked sharp breaking at speed and there were chances at either end, Curran having a shot blocked and Wharton tipping a shot from Tony Gray wide.

Six minutes of injury time couldn’t put FC off their stride and they held on for a superb away victory.

Reno will be hoping this performance can be taken into the game on Saturday against his former club Bamber Bridge.

Report by Steven Wood

Website man of the match: plenty of candidates but Alex Curran takes the award for a nonstop performance and so many superb defence-splitting balls.
Nick Duckett

Post by Nick Duckett »

Warrington reaction

PAUL Carden admits Warrington Town were beaten by the better side in FC United of Manchester tonight.

The Red Rebels gained revenge for their FA Cup loss to Yellows on Saturday, with Jordan Buckley’s goal earning them three league points with a 1-0 win at Cantilever Park.

It proved enough for them to record their first away win of the season, while Town were beaten for the first time since the opening day.

“I’ve got complaints with how we lost, but I have no complaints for losing,” Carden said after the game.

“They were better than us over the 90 minutes in all departments.

“It was quite similar to Saturday in terms of the start – Ben Garrity breaks away and the keeper makes a great save at 0-0.

“They had a chance at 0-0 as well, but I felt they had more control of the game right the way through.

“They looked dangerous on the breaks – we looked open. We lacked organisation when we had the ball.

“I tell defenders to do their work when the ball is at the top of the pitch and I don’t think we did.

“Our set pieces weren’t good and other from the save from Ben in the first half, I can’t remember their keeper making another save.

“Dylan Vassallo was probably our best player tonight and he’s been out for five or six weeks.

“They had three or four you could pick from as their best – that tells a story.

“Their players were probably sevens and eights out of 10 and ours were fives and sixes. There’s only one winner when that happens.

“They had good enthusiasm and movement up front. Their front four were lively and creative.

“For the experience we have through our spine, we were undone through not being in control at any point.

“We were probably edging it for 10-15 minutes in the first half but we still looked vulnerable.”
Mike Duddy

Post by Mike Duddy »

One of the best performances I've seen from an FC side in the last 2 years.....
Guy Mansfield

Post by Guy Mansfield »

Mike Duddy wrote: Fri 27 Sep, 2019 5:58 pm One of the best performances I've seen from an FC side in the last 2 years.....
Would agree with that Mike.
Guy Mansfield

Post by Guy Mansfield »

Anyone seen/got any footage of the goal?