Mossley AFC v FCUM. 7.45pm Tuesday, 13th November 2018 (M/CR PREM CUP QF)

A forum for posting matchday information only, for both home and away games. Opposition supporters are welcome to post - no registration necessary for them.
Guy Mansfield

Mossley AFC v FCUM. 7.45pm Tuesday, 13th November 2018 (M/CR PREM CUP QF)

Post by Guy Mansfield »

Match arrangements: MOSSLEY AFC v FC UNITED OF MANCHESTER

'Match arrangements for our trip to Mossley AFC on Tuesday night are now available.

On Tuesday 13th November, FC United travel to Seel Park (OL5 0ES) to play Mossley AFC in the second round of the Frank Hannah Memorial Manchester Premier Cup.

The upturn in our form means we will travel with high hopes of securing a semi final place in this competition as we try to win it for a third year in succession.

Admission is by payment at the turnstiles as follows:

Adults £8
Concessions £5
U17s £2
Accompanied Children Free

We urge as many supporters as possible to get to this game as firstly we get a share of the gate receipts and secondly we are playing some great football that’s a joy to watch!!!

Enjoy the game.'
Graham Hughes

Re: Mossley AFC v FCUM. 7.45pm Tuesday, 13th November 2018 (M/CR PREM CUP QF)

Post by Graham Hughes »

Does anyone know the best way to get to Mossley AFC tomorrow evening, by public Transport from Manchester ??

I leave work at approx. 5pm in Altrincham, so if the Metrolink is running OK (a big if as it is not running today!), and I can reach Manchester by tram, what is the best route/way to go from there ??

Should I board a metrolink to either Ashton-Under-Lyne, or Metrolink to Oldham, and then get a Bus from either of those places to Seel Park, as looking on Google maps, it lies between them by 4-5 miles each way ?

is the Train a better, reliable way to get there, or not with the Northern Rail reliability nightmare never ending ?

Any help on this is much appreciated as never been there before, so need to decide whether I am going to attempt to get there in evening rush hours from Altrincham. Thanks, Graham
David Wilkinson

Post by David Wilkinson »

Graham Hughes wrote: Mon 12 Nov, 2018 10:35 am Does anyone know the best way to get to Mossley AFC tomorrow evening, by public Transport from Manchester ??

I leave work at approx. 5pm in Altrincham, so if the Metrolink is running OK (a big if as it is not running today!), and I can reach Manchester by tram, what is the best route/way to go from there ??

Should I board a metrolink to either Ashton-Under-Lyne, or Metrolink to Oldham, and then get a Bus from either of those places to Seel Park, as looking on Google maps, it lies between them by 4-5 miles each way ?

is the Train a better, reliable way to get there, or not with the Northern Rail reliability nightmare never ending ?

Any help on this is much appreciated as never been there before, so need to decide whether I am going to attempt to get there in evening rush hours from Altrincham. Thanks, Graham
Trains all go to/from Piccadilly so I'd tram it to there then train to Mossley station, although the station is seriously down a steep hill from the ground. Some services are Northern Fail but the rest are TPE to Hull or Dirty Leeds. Roughly every half hour to Mossley and coming back it's the 2219 to the Airport via Piccadilly. ;)
Graham Hughes

Post by Graham Hughes »

Thanks for the Trains INFO, stations Info and Travel Advice for tomorrow night David, much appreciated. :D Fingers crossed the Trams are OK tomorrow afternoon/evening so I can get to Piccadilly and onto a train for Mossley :)
Paul Hinson

Post by Paul Hinson »

In 2017 FCUM became the 24th club to win the Manchester Premier Cup competition since it began in 1934 as the Manchester FA County Shield. The Reds have scored 45 goals in 17 MPC ties and have won their last 8.
Mossley Centre back Adam Jones scored 19 goals in 107 games for FCUM between 2011-14 and played the whole game in goal when FCUM lost 1-2 at Seel Park in October 2011.
Goalkeeper Johny Diba made 5 appearances for FCUM during the 2016-17 season.
Michael Jones made one appearance for Mossley when on loan during the 2017-18 campaign.
The sides have met twice in the Manchester Premier Cup, with Mossley winning at Seel Park 2-1 in October 2011 and 3-2 in October 2012. The Lilywhites have won the trophy 11 times, in 1938, 1949, 1961, 1967, 1968, 1989, 1991, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016.
All 4 of FCUM’s visits to Seel Park have been midweek matches.
Live FCUM match updates at: http://liveteamstats.com/
Ben Hughes

Post by Ben Hughes »

FC Live returns later with coverage of Mossley AFC taking on FC United in the Manchester Premier Cup.

Here is Statto Paul's Preview

https://audioboom.com/posts/7083809-fc- ... r-prem-cup

And don't forget you can tune in on http://www.fc-radio.co.uk from 7.30pm if you cannot make this one in person!
Guy Mansfield

Post by Guy Mansfield »

Tonight County Cup (QF) results:

Mossley 0 FCUM 2
Salford City 0 Curzon Ashton 2
Chadderton 1 Droylsden 1 (Chaderton won 4-2 on pens)
Trafford 0 Radcliffe 1
Guy Mansfield

Post by Guy Mansfield »

FC United through to semi-finals of Manchester Premier Cup with win at Mossley

'Reigning champions FC United are through to semi-finals of the Frank Hannah Manchester Premier Cup for the third consecutive season after winning 2-0 at Mossley on Tuesday night with a debut goal from Ryan White and another screamer from Kurt Willoughby.

White, signed from AFC Blackpool just in time for the match, made an almost instant impression by smashing home the opening goal from close range just 15 minutes into the game.

Reds goalkeeper Lloyd Allinson saved Ben Halfacre’s penalty on the stroke of half-time before Willoughby sealed victory in the 81st minute with an audacious strike from 30 yards out.

Having won the competition for the last two seasons, the Reds will be hoping to make it a hat-trick of victories but they must now wait to see who they will face in the semi-finals. They will not have to overcome favourites Salford City as they were knocked out by Curzon Ashton on Tuesday night.

United started brightly at Seel Park and good work by Willoughby saw him work an opportunity for himself. His shot was saved by the feet of Lillywhites ’keeper Joao Mendes but White was on hand to steer the ball in from close range. The perfect start to life at FC United and another signing by Neil Reynolds to score on his debut.

The hosts battled well and could easily have been back on level terms going into the break but Allinson got down well to save Halfacre’s spot-kick.

United were pressed a lot in the second half as Mossley, winners of the cup in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016, sought a way back into the match. But the Reds rarely looked in any real danger and Willoughby capped a fine display and victory with a stunning goal.

Other than the goals, one of the highlights of the match came in the 69th minute when FC United coach and former captain David Chadwick came on as a substitute for Jamie Milligan. The 41-year-old last played for the first team seven years ago on 22nd October 2011 during a 4-0 FA Trophy victory at Frickley Athletic.'